Windows System Administrator
Do you have passion for technology?
Do you enjoy learning a wide range of IT technology?
Do you love helping people solve their IT problems?
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our clients’ software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our clients’ technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
24×7 I.T. Solutions, Inc. is a leading Managed IT Services Provider serving small to mid-sized companies as their out-sourced IT department since 2001. We provide them with remote and onsite IT support with over 97% of all work handled remotely. Most work is either performed remotely out of our engineer’s homes due to Covid or done right out of our Portland office. Occasionally we will need you to go to a client’s local office.
As a Windows System Administrator you’ll be responsible for supporting our client’s Microsoft servers, desktops, firewalls and related I.T. technologies. We have a room full of educated, certified, and trained professionals eager to teach you the ropes and also learn from you. Knowledge sharing, good times, and personal growth are what we are all about. We are having a blast with cloud technology and if you want to become an expert with it, this is a great place to be.
- Give great customer service
- Passion for the game
- Have a sense of humor
- You have a strong desire to HELP PEOPLE!
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Assist in development of standards and procedures
- Document all work performed in ticketing system
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in PowerShell
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Some of our clients are military and aerospace contractors that require this for U.S. ITAR compliance.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Professional development assistance
Having a career at 24×7 I.T. Solutions means you are on a team that helps each other win. You will have the opportunity to work with people who inspire, share, evolve, exceed, and are 100% jerk-free.
We can’t wait to meet you!