System and Network Administrator
DO NOT APPLY if:
- YOU always depend on others to finish your work or
- YOU constantly ask the same questions repeatedly, thereby draining the time of our other technicians.
Okay, so now that we have that out of the way… Do you have passion for technology?
Do you enjoy learning a wide range of IT technology?
Do you love helping people solve their IT problems?
Are you a high performer that loves working with other high performers? And do you hate working at a place where your co-workers can’t do their job or they’re just damned too lazy? If so, then you might have just found a new home. We appreciate hard workers and we love a NO DRAMA work place. If that’s you, please read on!
24×7 I.T. Solutions is a leading IT Services firm serving small to mid-tier companies as their out-sourced IT department. We provide network infrastructure implementation and ongoing support both onsite and remote. We handle desktop as well as server and network support for these companies and we specialize in mostly Microsoft technologies.
As a System and Network Administrator you’ll be responsible for supporting Microsoft servers, desktops, firewalls and related I.T. technologies. We have a room full of educated, certified, and trained professionals eager to teach you the ropes and also learn from you. Knowledge sharing, good times, and personal growth are what we are all about. We are having a blast with cloud technology and if you want to become an expert with it, this is a great place to be. We own our own cloud technology, we are not resellers.
We are a 14 year old Managed Service Provider and Cloud Integrator in Portland, Oregon. Our dynamic Portland team is looking for high integrity people that are experienced and dependable. We recognize and pay you for passing certifications like Comptia A+, Network +, Security +, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Sonicwall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP, and ISSEP/CISSP.
- Give great customer service
- Passion for the game
- Have a sense of humor
- You have a strong desire to HELP PEOPLE!
- Microsoft MCITP/MCTS Certifications or Equivalent
- The ideal candidate would have 3+ years experience in Windows network administration
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server and Remote Desktop Services
- Strong working knowledge of firewalls, routers, port forwarding, DHCP, DNS and Active Directory
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7
- Strong working knowledge of Server and PC hardware
- Experience with network firewall and routing equipment. (especially SonicWall)
- Candidate must be comfortable with different software packages for backups and anti-virus
- Able to multi-task
- Able to troubleshoot problems in new environments
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and interact well with clients is crucial
- Night and weekend work are needed occasionally
- Rotating on-call schedule
- Must have car for onsite work at customer locations here in Portland. We reimburse 54.5 cents/mile which is the maximum mileage rate allowed by the IRS this year which covers gas, insurance, maintenance and usage.
- Understanding of VLANs, routing, QOS, VPN tunnels is a plus
- Experience with VOIP is a plus. (troubleshooting and installation)
- Experience in the Managed Service Industry is a plus.
- ConnectWise and ConnectWise Automate experience is a plus.
- Mac / Linux experience a plus.
- Execute internal and client facing technical requests.
- Assist in development of standards and procedures.
- Assist in the management and upkeep of several client network systems.
- Document all work performed in ticketing system.
Benefits / Values / Compensation: Having a career at 24×7 I.T. Solutions means you are on a team that helps each other win. You will have the opportunity to work with people who inspire, share, evolve, exceed, and are 100% jerk-free.This position starts between 50-70k per year depending on experience.
We offer a benefits program that reflects our values of sharing and evolving together. 24×7 I.T. Solutions pays the full cost of some benefits for employees. For other benefits, our employees share the cost with the company. Programs include 100% health-care + vision coverage, 401k with company matching of 4%, paid holidays, professional development, certification training and tests provided, flexible schedules, and vacation time of 1 to 3 weeks that increases with tenure.